Our Session sometimes schedules services to observe a special day or activity during the year. In recent years, these services have included:
- Maundy Thursday - An evening service held on the Thursday before Easter which commemorates Jesus' new commandment, "to love one another as I have loved you," as well as his last supper with the disciples.
- Family Sunday - A special day when we celebrate family in all its forms, including our church family! This is usually held in May. Everyone is encouraged to invite their family and includes a covered-dish luncheon.
- Festival of Lessons and Carols - Held during a service in December prior to Christmas, it combines traditional scripture lessons read by various congregational members and followed by a musical selection by one of our choirs, musicians, or a congregational carol.
- Children's Christmas Program - Traditionally, this is an unrehearsed pageant presented on a Sunday evening in December. ALL children and youth who come - and sometimes adults - may choose the character they wish to portray in the Christmas story while it is narrated; the audience participates with choral reading and singing. Afterwards, we gather for our church party. Everyone is invited.
- Christmas Eve - Inclusive of family, friends, and community, this is an evening service which brings our focus back from secular activities to Jesus Christ, and includes celebrating the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper.